Saturday, January 6, 2007

God is Still on the Throne



Continuing in my post about God still being in control of this big world that is turning, I wanted to post a poem I was reading last night in "Heart of a Handmaiden" by Cathy Corle. If you haven't ever read one of her books, I highly recommend her - she is an evagelist's wife and is a very wise woman!

Here is one of the poems that she had written and included as a little interlude between chapters...


God is Still on the Throne

When my heart is in distress

When the billow rolls, and the burdens perss,

I may not understand

just what my Lord has planned

But I know God is still on the throne.


At times my sould may be cast down

And the enmy is encamped around

When no hope I see, still I look to Thee,

For I know God, You're still on the throne.


I can still give God my praise

In the deepest nights and darkest days,

For I know that He chooses best for me

And I know God is still on the throne.


God is still on the trhone

And the Father still cares for His own.

Child, don't despair for the Lord is there

Yes, God is still on the throne.


- Mrs. Cathy Corle



Thank Goodness for that!

No comments: