Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Wow! The second day of January 2007! I can hardly believe that this year has already begun. I slept very late today, much to my own dismay. I wanted to get up early and get started doing some things for my mom, but that was unfortunately not the way it worked out! *sigh* Oh well, I suppose it is what I need since I will be heading back to school soon.

What has been on my mind lately? Being filled with the Holy Spirit! I guess I had never actually thought it in most of my 11 years of being saved. I knew that I had His Spirit within me and that He directed me, but I never actually asked Him to. Since I have been struggling a lot with "the FLESH," I decided to completely and deliberately give and yield myself to the Holy Spirit. Thank goodness He does what He says He will do. I have been giving myself to Him daily and constantly for the past 3 days, and what a blessing it has been! My cup has been overflowing because I am choosing to listen, walk in the Spirit, and obey the Lord in everything. Also, I am choosing to REJOICE evermore, just as the Word says to do.

As you can see I am not much of a writer or a professional blogger, and hopefully this will get better as I get more experience! Thanks be unto God for a new year - May 2007 be the best year of our salvation and Christian life yet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.